Fire Suppression System Installation in Charlotte, NC
Installing a fire suppression system in your Charlotte, NC, commercial building or facility protects people, property, and sensitive equipment from fire-related damages. An integral part of any fire protection plan, the system is designed to detect fires as early as possible and subdue the flames before they have a chance to spread.
City Fire & Safety has provided high-quality fire protection systems, including fire suppression systems, to various businesses and industries in the greater Charlotte, NC, area for over 35 years.
Our skilled technicians are knowledgeable in all the fire safety industry’s latest technologies and can efficiently and expertly take care of all your fire suppression equipment needs, including installation, maintenance, inspection, and repair.
Benefits of Installing a Fire Suppression System
Fire suppression systems range from discharge-based sprinklers to perforated pipe delivery systems and kitchen hoods. They’re vital to protecting people and property from injury or damage.
Unlike water-based sprinkler systems, fire suppression equipment disperses chemicals or foam to extinguish flames.
Fire suppression system benefits include:
- Reduced damage to equipment & property: Non-water-based suppression systems are particularly helpful in areas with sensitive electronic equipment or valuable archival materials, minimizing the risk of collateral damage during a fire.
- Immediate activation: Faster fire suppression that rapidly lowers temperatures and smothers flames is crucial to prevent fire spread.
- Safe for occupants: Many fire suppression system agents are safe for use around humans, something especially important in public buildings and healthcare facilities where evacuation often takes more time.
- Environmentally friendly: Modern suppression agents have low global warming potential (GWP) and ozone depletion potential (ODP), making them a more sustainable choice for fire protection.
- Space & maintenance efficiency: Non-water-based systems typically require less space for installation and are often easier to maintain as they don’t require large tanks or piping networks.
Need more information on the advantages of installing a fire suppression system at your Charlotte, NC, building or facility? Contact City Fire & Safety at (800) 453-4394.
Our Fire Suppression Installation Process
Before you begin the installation process, it’s essential to consult with a professional to conduct a risk assessment and site survey to help you decide which system is best for your needs and budget.
Once the type of system is determined, our installation process includes:
- Obtaining necessary permits
- Designing the fire suppression system
- Selecting and procuring the appropriate fire suppression agents and equipment
- Installing detection devices, alarms, and the suppression system infrastructure
- Connecting the system to power and control panels
- Testing and calibrating the system
- Training staff on system operation and emergency procedures
- Regular maintenance and inspections
City Fire & Safety is partnered with some of the industry’s finest brands, including:
- Argus Fire Control: World-class commercial fire suppression systems such as FM-200 clean agents, carbon dioxide gas, and dry chemical powder for various industrial applications.
- Amerex: Global leader in manufacturing portable and wheeled fire extinguishers and vehicle and dry chemical industrial systems with quick flame “knock-down.” Systems are designed with fewer components, saving installation and maintenance costs.
- Fike: Non-water-based fire suppression solutions include chemical agents, inert gas, and CO2 models that minimize downtime, making them the equipment of choice for the transportation industry, data centers, museums, and other cultural sites.
Install a Fire Suppression System With City Fire & Safety
For nearly 40 years, City Fire & Safety has been the single-source solution of choice for fire protection services throughout the greater Charlotte, NC, area.
Our family-owned and -operated business is proud of its customer-first reputation for delivering personalized services at reasonable prices.
city fire & safety?
We're located in Gastonia, NC, but we ship products all over the U.S.
We deliver big-business solutions with small-business personalization.
You'll receive unparalleled service and top-quality products when you partner with us.
We strive to deliver products on time, every time.
You can count on us for custom solutions to suit your property's unique fire safety needs!
When you call us, you'll always receive honest, fair pricing.